Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bermuda Bahama, Come On Pretty Mama - Caribbean Nights Dinner




The avocado is about to be blended more with coconut milk,  curry powder, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, salt and pepper.


Blended and ready to chill.

Onion, garlic, and coconut flakes sauté in coconut oil and a tiny bit o' butter. 

added coconut milk, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cook 25 minutes


Curried Avocado Soup & Quel's Coconut Rice

Amazing soup recipe from this great cookbook that everyone should get called 

Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant: Ethnic and Regional Recipes from the Cooks at the Legendary Restaurant. This book is available at Amazon and other fine bookstores.



I absolutely LOVE this cookbook, it was given to us by our good friend, Dane, who apparently grew up eating at this restaurant.  

1 comment:

Shelley said...

That looks amazing! I must try it when I get a blender. I love yours. it was the one you were telling me about. They dont make them like that anymore. I am going to try and make some Kale Chips. I will let you know how they turn out.
Love
Shell